Our senses are powerful. Use them to tap into some of the fire you felt early on in your relationship. Here are 10 ways to do just that!
1. Light candles and listen to music you played together when you first fell in love.
2. Wear the fragrances, perfume and cologne, from your dating days. Snuggle up close.
3. Visit your old dating haunts. Sit at the same tables, order similar food and drink, hike the same trails etc.
4. Watch a movie from your first year together and make out.
5. Dance to your wedding music, especially your first dance.
6. Hold hands, hug, and kiss in public like the “olden” days, unaware of who is watching.
7. Cook or order out a meal you ate when dating and eat it picnic-style in your living room.
8. Send a love note or message like you did when you were falling in love. Wait giddily for a response.
9. Look at pictures or video from your wedding together snuggled on the couch. Then recount all the romantic, fun, or funny details of the day.
10. Wear some of your wedding night/honeymoon lingerie to bed (or something similar, if it no longer fits). Or even better yet, slip into the covers naked and see what happens!
Doing more than one of these in a day could be a pretty amazing sensory experience!!! Warning: you might find yourself head-over-heals again ;).
Okay, let’s go rekindle the romantic flame!