Today Brance and I officially celebrate 10 years of marriage. Well, we took a mountain getaway while visiting my parents in November. But today is the actual day—December 17th.
– Brance is one of the best dad’s out there. I was blessed with a wonderful, loving father, but I know sadly that isn’t the case for everyone. I felt like one of the best gifts I could give my children was a good dad. And Brance far exceeds every expectation I had. Our girls believe he hung the moon.
– Brance is so supportive of my dreams. And not just supportive from a distance. He is willing to roll up his sleeves and help and advise me as necessary. This blog wouldn’t exist without him!
– Brance is a great friend. He really is just so much fun to hang with and talk with and dream with. And he is so funny! Good, true friends are hard to come by and when one happens to be your spouse too, well, you hit the jackpot.
– Brance is a man of good character. He really is one of the best men I know (outside of my own father, who is also a man of good character). From when we were attempting to honor God in our dating to how we work through a disagreement even now, Brance desires to do what is right. When it comes to a relationship, that my friend, is worth its weight in gold.
– Brance is so dang handy! And I love it. I often wonder if there is anything he couldn’t do or figure out. He’s renovating a home for our family and doing such good, precise work. It’s going to be beautiful when he’s finished. And everyday fixes around the house—Brance has got that too.
– Brance is not just handy, he is very intellectual. He is probably one of the smartest, wisest people I know. I feel like hanging with him makes me smarter too :). I certainly have learned a lot about things from theology to world events just listening to him share things over the last decade.
– Brance has introduced me to a whole new musical world. Bluegrass was not something I listened to before meeting Brance. But now I love it! And I can’t believe I had previously missed this whole genre of music (except a couple of Nickle Creek albums back in the day). It is seriously one of my favorite types of music now to hear live.
– Brance loves his family. We are a huge priority for him and he has sacrificed a lot over the last 10 years for us. I am sure he would enjoy getting to participate in more bluegrass jams and get more rest and watch less Downton Abbey :). But from day one he has rolled up his sleeves to help: diapers, laundry, childcare—he’s completely onboard.
– Brance spoils me rotten. I am not kidding. He never complains about a dirty house or money or my time or about really anything. He’s so easy-going and supportive. And he is so protective of my health: physical/mental/emotional—keeping the girls for me to get time away for exercise and relaxation. I love that he likes to surprise me with things like coffee and hugs during the day too:).
– Brance is always by my side. Friends and acquaintances come and go. But 10 years ago Brance made a vow to God before men to love and stay with me all the days of our life together on earth. And there is such a comfort in that. Such a comfort in knowing he’s mine and I’m his. What a blessing Brance is to me.
A special thanks to our friend Anabell Jimenez of La vida photography for taking these beautiful pictures for us. These are some of my favorite of our little family.